2006-03-13

Dad: The Leading Cause of Taste Perversion

.

The Big O tends to go to the fridge and pull out everything that strikes him as delicious. Then we will pick from the options and make him something. Or piles of somethings.

A little while ago, Big O pulled out bread, jam, salami. We normally interpret this to mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich, with a couple slices on the side.

Today I made him a salami-jelly sandwich.

He let me have a couple bites, and I can say that blackberry jelly and salami on whole wheat is a truly excellent combination.

I am responsible for many of the Big O's more peculiar fancies. I might be most proud of these two:

    Green olives stuffed with pimentos

    Green olives stuffed with garlic

These really impress the relatives. Oliver pops one in, his entire face contorts, and he screams out--as if in pain--, "YUMMMMM!!!"

Darn tootin'.

--------------------

In other news, Stupid's 1000 got me to wondering how many visitors I'm up to. I never check that anymore--I mostly look to see whose blogs bring me the most traffic (today's winner, Mel!).

Usually I check my stats at BlogPatrol. What a mistake! Site Meter is so much more generous! I signed up for it weeks after BlogPatrol, yet it says I have had 300 more unique visitors than BP does.

Of course, 3,072 is still well under the stats posted by my more popular friends, but I'm happy with it.

But it's my daily stats that shock me.

I had 25 visitors at 3pm today. The last time I looked, I was averaging that per day. Of course, all those visits are just me from various computers, but I hardly think that's the point.

13 comments:

  1. .

    Q: If someone only readers via, say, Google Reader, do you still get a hit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A: No idea.

    Speaking of perverted tastes, I grew up on Cottage Cheese and Potato Chips. You use the cc as a dip... sort of. Try it. Everyone I know who has tried it loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blackberry jam is shockingly good with ham and turkey and swiss sandwiches that have been deep fried, too. Oh man, Monte Cristo sandwiches are my favorite food discovery in the past 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were you just testing to see if people click on the links? Or maybe a special bonus for those of us who do? To be honest, I usually hover over the link to see where it goes, then click on it if it looks interesting of if I'm unsure what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a pretty cool link, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    I've wanted to make links like that one for a while, but it just occurred to me how to do it. This is only the second of its type.

    Expect more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The question is, did HE enjoy the combo? I mean, did he actually eat the whole sandwich?

    Hopefully this means he won't be a horribly picky child that refuses to try new foods. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How DO you make a link like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blog patrol was down for about 4-5 weeks. They were trying to make their site better, but the changes didn't work so they went back to normal.

    Olives are divine.

    Oh and heaven. Heaven is devine.

    Rachel cottage cheese and potato chips is good--but you have to use the salty, crinkle-cut kind...

    ReplyDelete
  10. .

    O did enjoy the combo--very much. In fact, I think maybe he had been actually wanting to try it for awhile.

    To make a link like this requires that you not use the wysiwyg blog post editor, but the html editor.

    If you want to know more, maybe I'll post on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. .

    Oh--

    And my goal is to make him not picky. Teach him that everything tastes good.

    In service of this goal, I am very careful not to go EWWWW!! GROSS!! everytime he offers me one of his goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've both my girls hooked on Green Olives... and black too.

    When I was growing up, my dad used to eat hotdogs with grape jelly instead of ketchup- it wasn't bad, but I never chose to do it my self.

    MY favorite food-oddity is a PBJ sammich filled with tato chips and with ketchup on the side for dunking... mmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  13. In reference to the neato link, yes, I want to know more. Please.

    ReplyDelete