2006-02-06

Update: Internet

.

So I know many of you are sick of hearing my side of the story untempered by any rebuttals from Lady Steed. Well, here's the deal:

1. We decide to go DSL.

2. We contact Verizon.

3. I spend many, many minutes getting all my questions answered to make sure this alleged deal is not, instead, a hidden shaft.

4. Convinced, I decide to sign up.

5. After the signing-up process is complete, the guy tells me, "Oh. Darn. We can't accept any more DSL customers in your area right now. When someone drops their service, call back and we'll hook you up. Good-bye."

6. A couple weeks later, we decide that Verizon DSL is never going to happen.

7. We decide we are willing to pay extra for Adelphia's cable service.

8. I call Adelphia and they set an appointment for their man to come by Monday, February 6 to hook us up.

9. Our video card dies.

10. Adelphia calls to confirm; we cancel.

And that's how things stand at the moment.

I swear I'm not keeping Lady Steed from you and that she's not locked up in our attic or anything.

I swear.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sad. I used my second counselor's talk, actually. That was just a parenthetical noting that, like my own home teachers, you are awesome.

    Maybe you should try reading my entries instead of skimming for your name. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    No, I did--I just found that particular paragraph a little confusing. (Which I interpreted to mean I could interpret it any way I chose.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for those women in the attic...they invariably burn the house down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    THERE'S NO ONE IN MY ATTIC!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah. Thanks for reminding me. I'm really, really bad about checking for replies to my comments.

    And yeah, I was just teasing. Sorry; my writing tends to be needlessly inscrutable. That's why, you'll notice, most of it consists of parallelistic rephrasings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    Don't apologize! I love parallelistic rephrasings!

    ReplyDelete