2005-09-20

Dancing around (or through)

.

My alarm went off at three this morning and I arrived at work around the time I usually am kicking myself for not already being gone.

I was accompanied into the desert by sky-splitting sheets and daggers of lightning.

I stopped to wait for a train, turned off the car, tried to sleep for ninety seconds but at every change in sound quality I opened my eyes to see if the train was ending.

I arrived at Bedrock High and the wet ground did not smell pleasantly of grass or rain or negative ions, but like the sky had taken a piss over the landscape. I was apalled. What in the world kind of rain falls in the desert?!

I let myself into the school and began entering grades.

Just as first period began I was wrapping up.

I have not entered one class.

Over half their assignments have vanished.

Grades are due tomorrow.

Huh.

And so I swung back my arms and walked into the air and set my stacks of books on a passing breeze and stretched. and yawned. and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment