2009-01-25

A svithe for all seasons

.

Spring: Love your benemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven....

Summer: Love your benemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven....

Autumn: Love your benemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven....

Winter: Love your benemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven....

last week's svithe

9 comments:

  1. "BENemies"? Should I take this personally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same question, slightly revised: what exactly is a benemy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    Mm. It means I missed one of the footnote notices.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    And no, Ben: I told them to love you.

    (Sorry folks, that last one was me.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But you also told them that I'm their enemy. Or benemy. Whatever.

    WV: frentopi, which is what happens when all your friends naturally drift into a state of chaos. I'm beginning to think that WVs are generated not randomly but by some person who's giggling at the words s/he is secretly slipping into the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    That could be. I've seen some eerily apropos ones myself, lately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Color me relieved; I thought this was evidence of some new feud . . .

    Word verification: "Ovess" (a female egg, I assume)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, just the same old feud. The best part is when we sic Little Dude and Large S on each other and have them fight like chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. .

    Unfortunately, our wives took away the the little booties with the iron talons.

    ReplyDelete