Can you match the Thteeds to their celebrity crushes?
Answers to follow.
1. Thmazing to Myrna Loy.
- Given that my standard of beauty is what lurks on Lady Steed's face, it may surprise you that Myrna Loy wins the race as my celebrity crush. The truth is, it's not her looks so much as it is her way of delivering a line that wows me. The only "real" celebrity crush I've ever had was during the summer of 1999 on the singer of Sixpence None the Richer. Did you see that video? Anyway, Myrna: She's funny and mean and nice and caustic and she never takes a prisoner. Go rent a Thin Man movie or either of the ones where she split billing with Cary Grant. You can't go wrong.
2. Lady Steed to Alton Brown.
- I learned about this "sorta crush" on Saturday at my sister's apartment as we watched Food Network. I knew immediately why. It wasn't the food skills. It wasn't the braininess. It wasn't the cool specs. Or, rather, it was all these things, but primarily it was the spiky hair. And I realized that if I want all the wifely affections available, I need to reconsider my goop-free hair policy. If it can work for a balding guy, it ought to work for me. (For more on that policy, copy either of the following links into your browser: http://thmazing.blogspot.com/2005/08/half-moon-bay-ward.html - http://thmazing.blogspot.com/2005/12/on-husbandry-rants-and-apologium.html.)
3. The Big O to Mei of My Neighbor Totoro fame.
- Mei is something of an older woman for the Big O, but not so much older that he can't view her as a peer. And what a peer! She brave and assertive and gets to ride around on enormous furry creatures! What a woman! If you were two, you'ld be crushing on her too. Admit it.