2006-04-04

The other C½ I spent

.

Higher education is highly subsidized making it affordable to the masses. Hooray.

However, perhaps it is oversubsidized. Perhaps if I was paying something closer to the real cost of my tuition, I wouldn't have all these other fees this quarter as well:

    State University Fee $561.00 (this is the tuition. the rest is not.)

    Non-Refundable SUF $5.00

    ASB Athletic Fee $11.00

    ASB Child Care Fee $3.50 (does this mean they'll watch the big o for us on movie night?)

    Associated Student Body Fee $12.50

    IRA Athletic Referendum Fee $16.00

    ASB Antelope Valley $2.00

    ASB Clubs & Organizations $3.00

    ASB Division I Athletics $40.00 (this is a new one as we just went division i.)

    IRA Fine Arts Referendum fee $2.00

    Facility Fee $2.00

    Health Fee $70.00 (is this like the protection fee i pay mario?)

    ID FEE-Photo ID Card Fee $4.00 (i don't have one of these cards and no need for one.)

    IRA Fee,Instr. Activity Fee $4.00

    Studnt Union Rec Center $72.00 (100 miles away and never seen with these eyes.)

    SU, Studnt Union Fee $24.00 (don't even start....)

2 comments:

  1. are those the fees for the entire quarter? like child care $3.50 is that it for the whole quarter?

    I find it odd that the rec center fee is even in there. there should be some kind of mileage limit, like if it's more than 25 miles away you shouldn't have to pay for it, since you won't be going there...

    You have mentioned not liking to excersize, so I assume that you are also not an athelte, why the Athletic fees? Are you in a DIV I something or other?

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    All of these fees (except tuition) have been voted on over the years by the student body. Very generous of them to spend my money like this, I think. Not one of them is negotiable.

    ReplyDelete