2006-01-04

Here I sit

.

It has occurred to me that these classes I have to take for my credential could be looked at as a dry run for grad school. Do I have it in me still to sit in class as a student? I don't know.

My first class of this process starts today. Thirty-five minutes ago, actually. (Professor hasn't shown up yet.) I was thirty minutes late myself and let me tell you why whilst I wait.

I was putting boxes into our new apartment, hoping to get the vanful deposited before class.

Crap. No time. Must run.

So I hurried to CSUB-AV campus and room 207 does not exist. Huh.

So I ask. And apparently, there is a second mini-campus here in the Antelope Valley. Just down the street from our new apartment. Huh. And so I drive back.

UPDATE!!!!!

One of my fellow students just went and talked to an admin and the class starts next Wednesday. Um, hoorah?

You know, maybe grad school wouldn't be so bad.....

Bonus: How many times did I use the word "so" in this post?

8 comments:

  1. Five, including the mention at the bottom of the page.

    Not to recessitate a horse I've already beaten to death several times, just for the fun of killing it again, but you could always apply to IUB . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Antelope Valley (Lancaster/Palmdale) a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the area and I even left my credit card in Mythos Greek Restaurant--which I recommend BTW--they called Amex and cancelled the card for me. I was very thankful. AND I already have my new-card-of-spending-joy-and-excitement.

    I think you will enjoy the area...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you only get to count the times when you have the word so as a single word? I mean, can we do this word find style and take it out of the middle of a word backward? Such as its use in "deposited"? Or how about from two different words as in "has occurred," "class of," or even backward with "to sit"?

    So . . . why is it that all the students seem to think the class started yesterday but admin says it starts next week? Please tell me this is not a communication course, because they're already off to a really bad start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgy, I was thinking the same thing! How many people came to "class"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    There were probably thirty of us, so...

    Stupid: Mythos, huh? Will investigate.

    Reward: Melyngoch has it at the moment, but if Edgy gives me a number to accompany his excellent skill, he gets it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'm loving the grad school thing! I don't have a wife and child to support, though, but I don't know if that makes a difference. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go to grad school. It is expensive, thereby you know it is worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is your electronic exile over yet? Is the move over yet? More importantly, do you have internet in your new place yet?

    ReplyDelete