2006-01-17

Counting down....

.

In our last place, I tried to get up early enough to have a decent shower (read fifteen minute minimum). However, sometimes the devils o' sleep would crowd in and I would run late. At these times (if I had time to shower at all), I installed a countdown rule: From when I stepped in the shower, I would begin counting down from 100. When I hit zero, I had to turn the water off. That was the rule.

Our new place makes this more challenging. The proper countdown method requires one thing we lack: Serious Water Pressure.

SWP is needed for everything, but is especially important for rinsing hair and ears.

Ears.

Now, I haven't had the opportunity of seeing many of you shower, but I have been led to believe that my earwashing borders on the neurotic. I must wash them thoroughly everyday with vigor and verve and lots of soap. I will not have greasy ears!

Of course, who am I to complain? I have lived in apartments where you start the shower drizzling into a bucket an hour before showering so there will be enough to spoon over the vitals.

Interestingly, there was never a need to countdown in those days, as represented by this hastily drawn graph:

5 comments:

  1. Long showers are what make the world go round. They make us better people. I'm glad there is someone else out there unafraid to take a 15-minute shower.

    But I don't share your ear obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daltonboy does share your ear obsession. Unfortunately, it makes his ears taste like soap. I'm not a huge fan of that. But then again, greasy ears . . . yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have lived in apartments where you start the shower drizzling into a bucket an hour before showering so there will be enough to spoon over the vitals."

    hee-hee. You didn't live at ALTA did you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm offended that you speak of things like showers on your blog. This is a public forum, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    You people!

    Heh.

    Gotta love you

    ReplyDelete