2006-01-24

Despite of fluff

.

My credentialing classes this semester are 98.67% busy work. This week I turn in my first lengthy paper (Self Reflection & Analysis & Philosophy of Education). I have turned on my spiteful version of Tolkers's Rule (see D) and basically just spun a bunch of nonsense.

The thing is, I doubt the professor will read a word. And if he does, I think verbosity will impress him. I say this because he just makes his lectures up while we watch a fifteenyearold video--you know the type.

Here are a few choice sentences:

    The beauty of the world can be wrapped in words and repacked in ways that creates new paradigms for even casual thinkers to apply.

    I find it easy to respect all people, even if their actions would not tend toward the recipience of respect.

    I am not easily bothered by others offensive actions, whether intended for offence or not--and if I were to be offended, I do not hold my bile long.

    It was well understood among the high school studentry that to get an A from Anderson required gifts of candy or other inexpensive but, in my mind, groveling gifts.

    But if I want to be the teacher they look back on and think, yes, that was someone who made a difference in my life, who created out of me someone I would not otherwise have been, then I must be willing to make them grow--no matter the en route pain.

    Second, I must demand of them all that they should demand of me and, not to get into overly complex semantics, I must demand that they do demand of me all that they should demand of me.

    And not only understand, they will feel it in their heart and desire to incorporate.

Vote on your choice for Worstest Most Crappiest!

Note: the two nonces were recipience and studentry. I like that Word's spellcheck offered to change the latter into stud entry. Heh heh. Stud entry.

3 comments:

  1. I think using the word "paradigm" in a paper for a drivel-loving professor is about the best thing you can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO in with the professor. To sweeten the deal though, send his/her spouse some flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my new hero. You edged Toucan Sam out by two votes.

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete