2006-04-17

Floss-related injuries

.

With this post, I am starting a petition to have the Surgeon General or the FDA or somebody put warning labels on dental floss.

See, my tongue hurts.

Friday I was caught completely off guard by my floss. There I was, flossing as usual, and the floss caught on the tip of my tongue--perhaps on a taste bud--and pulled the edge of my tongue all the way down between my teeth. A portion of my tongue was gone, turned to blood. Today, three days later, my tongue has a white sore at the site of the trauma. It hurts.

Show your support for public safety by affixing your name to the comments section of this post.

7 comments:

  1. Your mom supports public safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What surprises me most is the "flossing as usual." You are truly a better person than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew flossing was dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia Bras(s)
    555-55-5555
    Bank of the World # 401928472653
    Googenhiemer

    I support you man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you be awarded millions in the lawsuit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yet people wonder why I don't believe in flossing.

    ReplyDelete