2005-10-21

Bombs away!

.

Yesterday, as I drove from Bedrock High to Costco, I had numerous opportunities to die a violent death by bombing.

First, these huge bombers with the four props and long, long wings were practically cropdusting the desert. They were right above me and flying circles around each other--practicing, I guess, for when Cary Grant next visits. He won't get away this time!

Then, as I was walking into the Costco, a B2 bomber flew overhead and I got to tell you, they are just as noisy as any other jet when they're just a few hundred feet off the ground. I don't know what's so stealthy about them.

I home teach a young feller who fixes up the B2s when they come in for their regular maintenance. Kind of a cool skill.

But if that's not enough to make him cool in your mind, consider that he proposed to his now wife after they watched Napoleon Dynamite.

And if that's not cool enough still, consider that they once found themselves doing a session at the LA Temple with Jon Heder and his wife. Napoleonic spirituality, baby.

And bombs.

4 comments:

  1. I got bombed on the freeway once, by a mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived on all those airforce bases when I was a kid. Living next to flight-line (runway) is fun. It doesn't mess up your hearing at all. (Enh? What was that?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen Covey sat on part of my temple dress in the celestial room one time. That didn't seem so "highly effective" to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    It depends on what you're trying to accomplish, I suppose....

    ReplyDelete