2009-01-11

A svithe for the lonely

.

(from psalm thirty-one)

Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.

I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.

Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief.

I am forgotten . . . as though I were dead; I have become like broken pottery.

But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."

Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.

How great is your goodness . . . .

Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city.

In my alarm I said, "I am cut off from your sight!" Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help.

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

last week's svithe

4 comments:

  1. Thank you. I've been looking for a way to express that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the broken pottery line. Sometimes my house feels that way...you know, after the kids have gone to bed and I have to pick up the pieces of my sanity. Don't think I've found them all yet...

    ReplyDelete