Prop 11 passes (yes!)
- But why the heck was the vote so close? Why would any sane person not vote for this?
Then again, otherwise apparently sane people have been suckered into voting for sucky incumbents for years. Apparently people like being used. I don't get it.
But anyway, the most important proposition of this cycle passed. Let us rejoice.
On Obama and Prop 8
- On-the-ground evidence compiled by me suggests it's true: The reenfranchisement of minority voters that led to Obama's astonishing win here in California also pushed Prop 8 over the edge and into victory. Where all the conservative efforts would have failed, Democratic success in getting out the vote succeeded and gay marriage ends in California. I wonder how your average white liberal is feeling about this today...? I don't imagine it's an irony they're savoring.
Lady Steed's Peat Coat
- The kids love it and the boys ask me where I got it. Then I say it's actually my wife's?
Kids are funny.
Like a man shouldn't be allowed to wear his own wife's clothing.
Grant Lee Phillips
- Mobilize is a great album. (Thank you, Goodwill!)
It's Lincoln Time.
- I've talked about what I want from Obama somewhat already, but I really think this hits my points pretty well. Some items (like appointing Colin Powell) John obviously stole from me, but he has some excellent ideas all his own. Good article. Forward it to the president-elect.