2008-12-11

23rd five of twothousandeight

.

115) Manhunter: Origins by Marc Andreyko et al, finished December 11
    Okay, okay. Lots of comics. Blame Ben. The main thing to know is that I'm really liking Manhunter --- even with annoying continuity things like a missing year of her life when, I imagine, she was off visiting another title. Sheesh.

    two days



114) When Zachary Beaver Came to Town by Kimberly Willis Holt, finished December 11
    A ten-year-old emphatically recommended this book to me and I read it (disclaimer: I used Brother-Backman-the-famous-historian method) and it was pretty good. It gave me a big sense of déjà vu though. I don't remember the massively fat kid or the worms or the singing mother, but the kid writing his friend's brother in Vietnam and a couple other minor points tasted very familiar. Anyone had that experience and can tell me what I'm thinking of?

    Anyway, this won the National Book Award so now I am cool by association. Take that, plebes.

    five days



113) Witchblade Volume 1 by Ron Marz, Mike Choi, et al, finished December 11
    I don't think I'm overstating it to suggest Witchblade is Top Cow's flagship title. At least, it's the only one I've heard of. I've been aware of it for some time although, admittedly, not all that interested. On the off chance you're interested, you can head on over to Fob Comics and read my post on it.

    couple hours



112) Manhunter: Trial by Fire by Marc Andreyko et al, finished December 9
    The continuing adventures!

    I liked it.

    Worth reading the premise for.

    And Mr Fob's already lent me two more volumes.

    couple days



111) A Christmas Carol: The Graphic Novel by Charles Dickens et al, finished December 8
    I've already discussed this book in some length at Fob Comics, but here's a bit more:

    It's a good adaptation into comics. If you're interested in such things, Classical Comics is worth a looksee. If they have a book you want to try, try it. Tell them Theric sent you. And then tell them to send me more free books. So I can send you back again. To tell them Theric sent you. And to tell them to send me yet more free books.

    perhaps a week


/previously/

1 comment:

  1. .

    I gotta say: I'm anxious for the new year just to clear out this long mess of books-read. Starting from scratch will be refreshing.

    ReplyDelete