Thmazing's 2008 holiday extravaganza is now available as a delightful cd, an heirloom to share with future generations. Includes extensive liner notes from experts on why his selections ain't Christmas songs. Highlights include:
- Jingle Bells
- The notes note the holidaylessness of the song, plus a recap of the everpresent bobtails mystery.
- This ode to spies coming out of the cold has been included on Christmas albums since the dawn of recorded (-ing) history.
My Favorite Things
- This song, in addition to being unrelated to Christmas, has the added advantage (slash horror) of bringing the Christ child within one degree of separation from Nazis.
Frosty The Snowman
- Seriously: What has this got to do with Christmas?
What Child Is This?
- Yes, yes, this "is" a Christmas song. But if you listen closely, Thmazing is actually singing "Greensleeves." Gotcha!
I Have a Little Dreidel / Eight Crazy Nights (medley)
- If you're like me, you always thought that Hanukkah was what the Maccabees came up with so they could keep celebrating Christmas under Antiochus's nose. Turns out that's not the case.
Let It Snow
- I'm guessing people in Australia don't get precipitation songs mixed up with religious songs.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
- What's a Christmas album without it?