Lady Steed says gas will hit $4.50 a gallon--happily she's wrong, but, unhappily, not by much
- We nailed this one.
No Country for Old Men will win best picture
- Again, I was absolutely right.
At least three Olympic athletes will pass out during track-&-field events: cause traced to air quality
- Air pollution was something of a nonstarter, wasn't it?
Democrats will get smart and select Obama, which will a) deflate centrist movements and b) allow a squeaker of a win over Romney
- I was basically right. They did pick Obama whose strong showing was a big part of the reason Unity'08 died and, depending on how you think about things, you could argue his win was a squeaker. But already we're just seeing it as a massive, history-changing win. We shall see.
Get Smart will have the biggest opening for a Steve Carell film ever
- Nope. Well, depends on how you count. Of Carrell-starring vehicles, this year's Horton wins that race. But Bruce Almighty had a HUUUGE opening back in 2003.
A major terrorist attack thwarted in the UK
- Um. Not that I remember. They must've kept it out of the news.
Bush will personally pull this year's "October surprise"
- There really wasn't much of an October Surprise, was there? I guess the Obama/Hilary thing cleared all that up early and McCain's been around so long there was nothing left to reveal.
Cheney will be hospitalized
Rates for house foreclosures will hit record highs
The 2008 network tv season will suck
- Probably, but I was only watching the bright spots.
Both Tupac and Biggie will release new albums
- Tupac: just a single. Biggie: nothing.
Lemony Snicket will publish a story to help some chartable organization
- I think. Isn't Lump of Coal for the benefit of some such charitable thing?
From the moment we buy a new car, I will have buyer's remorse for the next six months, precisely
- Didn't last that long. And really, it wasn't "buyer's remorse" but "environmentalist's remorse" if anything.
That car will (gasp) be an American brand
- Not unless you include Mazdas Fords.
The Big O will start reading his favorite books
Large S will not
- Tru dat.
America will experience it's first cyberattack which won't be well coordinated enough to cause major damage, but, in response, the Dow will fall well over a thousand points and NASDAQ at least fie hundred
- Nope. Missed this one. (Good thing.)
Apple will announce a foray into ebooks
- Sorta. It's weak, but we'll call this a yes.
Britney Spears will be hospitalized for something absolutely unsurprising
- If she was, I was so unsurprised I can't even remember.
Nothing but sad personal news from Amy Winehouse
- Ditto here.
The Patriots will choke in the fourth quarter
- I didn't watch it, but it looks like I was right.
I won't watch the World Series--or even know it's happening until it's half over
- True to the last half, but I did watch most of the last game with the Big O.
HD screens will cost 60% on December 31 what they do today
- I'm too lazy to check this, but I'm guessing I was pretty close.
WALL-E will make more than Ratatouille but less than The Incredibles
- Dead on, Thostradamus.
We will buy a rug for the living room
- Right again.
Lady Steed will fret about ants 235% more than I will
- If not more.
Master Fob will be a published librarian
- Mr Fob? Comment?
Three more bloggers on my sidelist will go private
- About that. They're gone now, so we can't count.
A documentary on bats will make you weep like a baby
Also, you will meet someone tall dark and handsome
who will lay you out
with a blackjack
- You tell me.