2006-01-09

Back in the saddle

.

My unspeakable dread has passed and the first day back at school was just another day teaching at school. And so it goes.

And as of tonight, we will be all moved in (although there will be mountains of boxes yet to be dealt with. And a 5' cube of unshelved books. And unassembled furniture.)

In other news, I read in the paper today that gory horror movies are back. Which reminds me of a story.

I once dreamed that I was the victim in a slasher flick. But when the monster-in-human-form finally caught me, my brain hit a wall, and I had the distinct, conscious thought that I could not dream my messy demise because I had never actually seen a slasher flick.

True story; saved my life.

Now I'm headed to the apartment to empty the Lapper and go back to Tehachapi where my wife and child yet linger.

Whoopy-ti-yi-yo
Rocking to and fro'
I'm back in the saddle again

9 comments:

  1. Good to have you back, pardner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    hoooooooooooooooooooo
    write 'em cowboy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're back! My life has meaning once again.

    I am now going to use your example as further justification for why I don't watch slasher flicks. If I have never seen one, I cannot have a gory demise in a dream I won't remember anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above post won't let me post because it doesn't like my rendition of smenita and refuses to give me another one. Please talk to your people and have this problem resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Won't let me comment, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    So far much finger pointing, little resolution. Will continue to investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I've never watched grisly horror movies, either, but even that hasn't saved me from many a gory demise in my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  8. .

    I'm sorry, Brozy.

    Better luck next time?

    ReplyDelete