First the bad news: I won again. I'm never going to be able to give out fun and exciting prizes if I keep winning every year.
The good news, of course, is that I won again. Yippee!
So the final results:
Theric: 11 points
Edgy: 6 points
Schmetterling: 1.5 points
Since I'm at work and my cleverness is limited, I'm just going to list the categories, then my score, Edgy's score and Schmet's score respectively:
- Best motion picture of the year: 1,0,0
Best animated feature film of the year: 1,1,1
Achievement in directing: 1,0,0
Performance by an actor in a leading role: 1,0,½
Performance by an actress in a leading role: 1,0,0
Performance by an actor in a supporting role: 0,0,0
Performance by an actress in a supporting role: 1,0,0
Adapted screenplay: 0,1,0
Original screenplay: 0,1,0
Best documentary feature: 1,0,0
Best foreign language film of the year: 0,0,0
Best animated short film: 0,0,0
Best live action short film: 0,0,0
Best documentary short subject: 1,0,0
Achievement in film editing: 1,1,0
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score): 0,0,0
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song): 0,0,0
Achievement in art direction: 0,1,0
Achievement in cinematography: 0,0,0
Achievement in costume design: 0,0,0
Achievement in makeup: 0,0,0
Achievement in sound editing: 1,0,0
Achievement in sound mixing: 0,0,0
Achievement in visual effects: 1,1,0
How to check my math:
1. Check the game rules here.
2. Check the contestants' attempts here.
3. Check the actual nominees here.
Thank you all and I hope more of you will participate next year.
On handicapping next year:
- Theric has remained right around eleven each year of this competition and there is no reason to suppose he will improve. Edgy has improved each year and can be expected to continue to do so. If he starts selecting with cold rationality rather than his heart, he can be a real contender. Schmetterling can be expected to improve enormously next year over this. Melyngoch is not expected to be back in time for next year's competition. The real question, Steve, is who will show up for the first time next year? And how competitive will they be?