2007-04-26

To your left (volume four)

.

MelyngochMelyngoch's Lethean Flood
    Mel, it must be said, is one of my favorite people. And this has nothing to do with fishnet in my case, as I've never seen her in fishnet. I suspect I am alone in this designation among all her friends.

    Five quick facts: 1)she's on her way to sweden 2)she's one of two people I know who have used the f-bomb to beautiful artistic effect 3)she, unlike me, has scientific evidence to back up her claim to being an orange person 4) she likes john donne (but who doesn't?) 5)she can provide californians with necessary information regarding her city's club scene

    Also: I've known Mel long enough now that she no longer looks like my friend Mark Stefanik. Now my friend Mark Stefanik looks like Mel.

    I think this is better for everyone involved.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



TK's FlowersTK's Korner
    I'm not sure if how I know TK is a secret or not. I'm also not sure if I would have ever solved the mystery if people hadn't been getting our signs mixed up. Which isn't good for her as her blog is wholesome and mine is, well, thmazing.

    At the risk of being crude, suffice it to say she birthed a bat.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



SkyeSkye's Skyecares
    Skye is Foxy J's little sister, a talented nurse and conversationalist, and part-time Moroccan.

    (She's in the Peace Corps.)

    She writes long and interesting posts about her moroccaning, which is a hobby so few people know anything about. Admit it: what do you know about moroccaning?

    That's what I thought.

    Time to find out.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



KatyaKatya's Thoughts
    Katya is the world's most intimidating librarian, something I did not know when I met her on the grass under a tree at the Fobs' in Orem, Utah.

    (I was going to say "when I confirmed her corporeality on the grass under a tree at the Fobs' in Orem, Utah," but suddenly suspected that might get misinterpreted. We can't have that. We must be precise in our meanings. Always!)

    Katya is one of the handful of people I am perpetually surprised to realize I have almost no real-world knowledge of, because I feel I know her so well. Better these days than, for instance, Miss Nemesis, whom I still adore and with whom I have spent hours and hours and hours--to the point of getting on her nerves-- but don't talk directly with anymore. Not that it's my fault she chose Seattle over us.... Miss Nemesis--!

    Ah, the internet. What a curious, curious world it is.

    Anyway, if it lets me get to know people like Katya (who, in 1987 would by now be no more than an eighth-remembered name), then it has it's merits.

    Also, it has Wikipedia. Wikipedia is awesome.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.





Volume One, 1990 - 1999
Volume Two, 2000
Volume Three, 2002

4 comments:

  1. I don't think TK's identity is a secret, but I'm not going to say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a picture, if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    I haven't got to you yet, buddy. Pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited, only one-two more "To your Left"s and it's MY turn!

    ReplyDelete