2021-01-19

The First Five (four?) Books of 2021

.

Before we get to new books, let's talk about 2021!

We have a lot of books at this house. And I am literally in the middle of reading at least thirty-five of them. This is ridiculous. So much like when I decided to only read books I was already reading---or the same thing for an entire year--- but this year it's just a matter of ownership. With a couple preplanned exceptions (mostly library books I already have on hold), I'm only starting books I already own. And hopefully finishing even more that I already own.

Wish me luck!

.

001) The Sun Has Burned My Skin: a modest paraphrase of solomon's song of songs by Adam S. Miller, finished January 3

I bought this a long long time ago, but there are no words on its spine and so it disappeared. I happened across it recently and pulled it down. I thought about giving it to my beloved for Christmas but I wasn't sure she'd go for it. So I read it instead.

I liked it!

I mean---it's a bit slight, but it's not pretending to be anything other than what it is. And what it is is quite lovely. Add it to your lds eros collection.

a week

 

002) You're a Pal, Snoopy by Charles M. Schulz, finished January 4

Another fine set.

maybe a week


003) Served edited by Theric Jepson, finished January 9


This became the new comic after we finished Snoopy there. The little girl loved it and wants to start again last night. Usually I won't reread comics, but I'll make an exception for this one. If she still wants to. I did leave it with her to look at with her flashlight so she may be over the desire by tomorrow. Time will tell!

Editing fail I noticed: I placed four (four!) stories that end with characters laughing right next to each other. Sheesh, Jepson.

a few days

 

004) Served edited by Theric Jepson, finished January17


The baby wanted right back into this one, as soon as we'd finished. Which was fine but I didn't expect her to stick with it all the way through! But she did!

 It did take us longer this time, but that was largely because she had to keep interrupting to how me her favorite pictures. Nice job, everyone..

a few more days


005) Shem in Zarahemla by Stephen Carter and Jett Atwood, finished January 19


Yes, we did start SERVED again on the 18th, but sometime today while I was gone, she got the nighttime books down and when nighttime came, they were missing. I did find all the iPlates books though which is great since I've bought them all but I have not read them all---and the 4yrold's read none of them! So while this is a bit short to technically qualify for five books at a time, I'm supposed to be up on the Mormon comics thing. So I'm counting it.

Anyway! It's a brief thing, introducing a couple non-scriptural characters in service of introducing the brief proselyting efforts of one Samuel. But that story will have to wait for another book. And since the shorter books are unnumbered and often are named after invented characters, getting the order right can be tricky.

one reading


final posts in this series from
2007 = 2008 = 2009 = 2010 = 2011 = 2012 = 2013
2014 = 2015 = 2016 = 2017 = 2018 = 2019 = 2020

related
UNFINISHED BOOKS
REJECTED BOOKS


t h e   m o s t   r e c e n t   p o s t   i n   t h i s   s e r i e s  *





No comments:

Post a Comment