2008-08-05

So how did you spend Coast Guard Day, Theric?

.

An excellent question.

We left the kids with the inlaws and headed into the City. We missed the show time for the Imax Dark Knight so we saw the X-Files movies while we waited. Both were good, Dark Knight was better. The audience applauded the close of every Joker scene. I'm mulling over a post about how Batman is the god of the moment (have you scene the box office receipts?) but I'll probably never get past that stage--too much else on my docket.

So it was a lovely day, thank you. And, fortunately, there wasn't a lot of Obama hoopla. The nerve of that guy, having a birthday on Coast Guard Day. He's obviously no patriot.....

13 comments:

  1. Dangity dang dang. Sorry I'm a day late and a dollar short. Happy birthday yesterday. Glad you got to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I had no idea our birthdays were so close. Hooray for August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! How was the X-Files movie? I've heard mixed reviews and amn't sold on the idea of going myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    It was okay -- Lady Steed is the Longtime Fan and she also calls it just okay. It was a good movie and interesting and solved the relationship problem in an interesting way, but it probably won't rock your world. It just wasn't epic enough for a movie. Good episode, merely okay movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh. I asked Foxy yesterday if it was Coast Guard Day and she said no, it's the day after S-Boogie's birthday, not the day before. Well, happy belated Coast Guard Day. We'll have to go see Dark Knight again next week to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    Good plan. It only costs a small fortune to see on the BIG screen.

    And it's still selling out, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I went to Dark Knight this past weekend I was a little surprised to see it was only $5.25 for a night showing at our theater! The seating's better than Provo's dollar theater (you can actually see), but it's not super stadium seating so they charge less. I don't mind so long as I can see the screen with a comfy chair under me!

    I liked the movie a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. .

    Yeah....our day at the movies cost $47.50.

    ReplyDelete
  9. $47.50????

    Golly! Good thing Coast Guard Day only comes once a year....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard nothing but good things about Dark Knight and finally (!) seeing it this weekend. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hoping that price included some treats and stuff...sheesh it really does cost ya to live on the coast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. .

    No, sorry. That was just tickets. I didn't dare glance at the popcorn.

    ReplyDelete