2009-09-06

I can see! (a svithish metaphor)

Converse Frames.

Yesterday I picked up my new glasses and, unlike last time, this time actually had a good optometrist who gave me a new prescription and so, for the first time in ten years, I had that glorious experience of slipping something on my face and having the world become new and beautiful again. I was giddy.

Today we bless Little Lord Steed who is too young to really see much at all yet.

But the appearance of a beautiful new human being in this world is a time for reflection and improved vision looking forward, to the eternities.

Family is forever.

Look and see.

Little Lord Steed last Friday

last week's svithe

6 comments:

  1. I think that's the best picture I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    Thanks, Tristen. Does this mean you're home again?

    And thanks to you also, Luisa. With a similar follow-up observation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you guys going to do a video with those pics? I thought that was awesome. Also, Scott will be very happy to hear you have a good prescription :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. .

    It is nice.

    Yeah, obviously we're following Lex's lead (check YouTube, y'all). And so far we have probably a couple hundred photos. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have long been a fan of ordering prescription glasses online. And my favorite store is GlassesShop.com.

    ReplyDelete