2008-08-11

My life, set to music

.

I first saw this on Edgy's blog, but editorgirl reminded me. So, if anyone cares, this:
    If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?
    1. Open your music library.
    2. Put it on shuffle
    3. Press play
    4. For every question, type the song that's playing
    5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
    6. Don't lie and try to pretend you’re cool...just type it in, man!
    7. (NEW!) Put available pieces into an Amazon Widget so people can listen along.



      Opening Credits: "Don't Talk Back" by Kasey Chambers (I have no idea what this song's about [I often don't], but yes, I will happily rock out to this lovely voice as the names roll.)

      Waking Up: "Merrymaking" by the San Francisco Symphony, conducted by Michael Tilson Thomas (from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet) (Sounds like it's going to be a great day!)

      First Day at School: "Fairweather Johnson" by Hootie and the Blowfish (Hahahaha! Don't know that this bodes well.....)

      Falling in Love: "I Want It All" by the Eurythmics. (Hmmm. Not sure this is "true" love.)

      Losing Virginity: "Violin" by They Might Be Giants (Okay. That's just weird. I guess if I get to choose, I would rather have the . . . violin? Over the hippo, mop, speck of dust, and George Washington's head, that is.)

      Fight Song: "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd (I guess that's a good way to feel going into a fight....)

      Breaking Up: "Seven Years" by Norah Jones (I heard something about a little girl being sad? I guess that's about right. Although I feel like adding that this movie is nothing like chronological.)

      Prom: "Mary" by Sarah McLachlan (Okay. Whatever.)

      Life: "New Orleans Instrumental No. 1" by R.E.M. (I really love how my whole "life" gets condensed down to one song. And why this one? I don't even know this song!)

      Mental Breakdown: "March of the Celts" by Enya (Appropriate enough, I suppose.)

      Driving: "Ice Cream" by Sarah McLachlan (Her again? And besides, this choice is dead wrong. Should have been the Moonps.)

      Flashback: "White Wing Mercy" by Ferron (This is a weird choice for a flashback since I've never actually listened to this album before.)

      Getting Back Together: "Back on Line" by INXS (Nice, upbeat, don't know what the lyrics say, but it seems appropriate. [Note: I almost never understand lyrics.])

      Wedding: "Cartoon Plant Storybook: Little Helping Hands" by Zorak (Uh-oh.)

      Birth of Child: "Only Happy When It Rains" by Garbage (You can see what kind of father I will be.)

      Final Battle: "You Will Be Mine" by Faith Hill (I guess this works. I don't know if I've ever heard this song before, so it's a little hard to rally behind, but I'll do my best.)

      Death Scene: "Grow Old With You" by Adam Sandler (Hey! Not bad, computer! That kind of makes sense. Timing's slightly off, but okay.)

      Funeral Song: "If Blue Tears Were Silver" by Jon Randall (I don't think I've listened to this sampler in over ten years, but this song has tears and it is my funeral, so good enough.)

      End Credits: "MLK" by U2 (Dibbitydibbitydibbitythatsallfolks.)

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I'm reading your blog this very moment because I'm idly perusing the internet while I rip CDs to my computer because I'm tired of not having music.

    Strange....

    ReplyDelete