2008-03-02

“Zion’s quirky in the East Bay / But at least we’re not apostate”
(a svithe)

.

My friend Miguel Sanchez () wrote a lovely song for our ward's variety show (world premier: February 29,2008) in which he promoted the virtues of our ward--like men not shaving and girls winning the Pinewood Derby.

I really like our ward.

And then today in Sunday School, our teacher was bold enough to discuss some of the most troubling verses in scripture. And for all the clever responses that can be given to explain them away, the best answer is found in the much broader and more universal theme of all scripture, which theme is even included in very the same book the above verses came from.

So today's message is simple: God loves all. From the quirky to the queer to the blond to the black to the lame to the lycanthropic to the small to the smirky.


Behold, he sendeth an invitation unto all men,
for the arms of mercy are extended towards them,
and he saith: Repent, and I will receive you.
ref





last week's svithe

7 comments:

  1. Will there be werewolves in heaven, then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    Duh.

    What are you, a hater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I just have this indomitable fear of people who turn into monsters and try to eat me.

    'Course, immortal butterflies are probably pretty hard to eat, no?

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, Theric, I thought I'd let you know that I have a high respect for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GASP!

    Are YOU a werewolf, Cinderella?

    THAT'D be quite the twist on an old story....

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    Heh heh. It sure would be.

    Thanks, Cinderella. And I'll try to remember to warn you if I post any baby pictures in the near future....

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha.

    Theric - No, you're fine. I didn't know you before you had kids, so yours don't bother me. :) Post as many as you'd like.

    Schmetterling - I dunno. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete