2007-10-14

Svithe enough
(but me enough?)

.

I had a nice long svithe planned, but I slept all afternoon, so maybe next week.

I'm sitting in the bedroom in a stupor, the baby is asleep, I have an interesting link about Mormons and Presidents, but it doesn't seem apropos to anything.

So instead I am going to throw our something I have been thinking of, related to human potential and God's plans for us.

Winston Churchill (politician, not novelist) said: “To every man there comes … that special moment when he is figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered the chance to do a special thing unique to him and fitted to his talent. What a tragedy if that moment finds him unprepared or unqualified for the work which would be his finest hour.”

Let's think about that.

How are we doing?



last week's svithe

2 comments:

  1. But perhaps some people should let that opportunity pass, like Hitler the vegetarian. The wife said you found her blog, perhaps when I return from my travels I will start one myself. A happy Eid to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    I totally would have missed Eid this year, if not for your comment. Alas! Ramadan's over already and I completely forgot!

    (and, I hope you do)

    ReplyDelete