2006-05-18

Enough with the premonitions. Just kill me already.

.

I had a premonition this morning as I was driving to work through the endless desert filled with speeding drivers and dangerous intersections, that I will die in an automobile.

This premonition probably won't surprise anyone, given the events of this month....

However, about ten minutes later, a late model Firebird coming my direction veered into my lane. I hit my horn. (It's broken.) I swung to the right and he swung back into his lane. Thankfully, I never quite had to leave the pavement, because the shoulder along there is like an overfilled sandbox and could very well have led, well, to my death.

I've sensed evil in this drive since the very beginning. Now that evil is starting to rear its mechanical head. And Lady Steed found in our rental contract yesterday that if we die, our "estate" will be responsible for our rent through December.

We have got to become fabulously wealthy and quick! An affluent hermitage is my only chance to survive!

9 comments:

  1. One day, I will look for my Th. update and there will be.........

    .........thsilence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    That is the great fear.

    For what is death but the cessation of blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should move. To Amish country. Then you'd save on gas AND scary automobiles would be gone.

    The Amish near Randolph, NY are rather friendly. I could recommend you to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    I had dinner with the Amish in...was it PA? once and it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear (once more) that you're okay.

    Are you sure that there isn't a voodoo doll of your car out there? Perhaps some type of gypsy curse?

    ReplyDelete
  6. .

    On both my cars?

    (shudder)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...! I think the move would be a great idea, too.

    My old institute teacher used to say that death is: To stop sinning suddenly.

    I don't know why I bring that up, it's just the death/cessation of blogging reminded me of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this happened to Freelancer about 7 years ago with a new vehicle. After we got rid of it (fully convinced it was cursed) all near-death incedents while driving stopped... I'd say it's time for new cars.

    Or maybe, just maybe, your vehicles are more magnetic in this new city and are actually attracting the other cars! You could try covrering your cars with a million magnets and then you'd be pushing the other cars away...

    ReplyDelete
  9. .

    Interesting....

    But how can I be sure I'm not just strengthening the attraction?

    ReplyDelete