2013-01-11

Lost Songs: “Love Is All Around” by Wet Wet Wet

.

When I started Lost Songs, I thought what would happen is I would catch myself singing a song I hadn't heard in at least three years then pause and write about it. What I didn't expect is that I would catch myself singing a song that hadn't even shown up on my internal jukebox in that long.

But that happened yesterday. I came out of the bathroom to an external hallway, my fingers slightly damp from being washed, and I heard a girl complain about how cold it was. And it was cold. The passing wind had latched onto my fingers. And I suddenly started singing:
I feel it in my fingers
I feel it in my toes
Which to me will always be the Wet Wet Wet version first. I really dug this song when it came out. (Before you judge, remember: The whole world did.) I'm pretty sure I bought the album on tape, even, just before my mission.

I know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment