2007-04-24

Me versus the sougrass

oxalis.

I spent some hours today tilling and picking and plumbing and sieving, going through the dirt, searching for--I'm sorry, must you do that?

Anyway, sourgrass, or oxalis, though both beautiful and tasty (no joke!) is also an astonishingly pernicious weed and--excuse me? I'm typing here?

Everytime I thought I had finished a stretch of soil, I---Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop staring at me! Stop it! I can't take it! All I'm trying to do is type a simple blogpost! Why won't you let me in peace? Is it so much to ask!

I deserve as much respect as anyone!

4 comments:

  1. Tragically, this was the last blog post Theric wrote before going completely and irreversibly mad. Years later, when literary historians discovered him and published the bits and pieces that were left of his work, the world mourned the loss of the great writer that might have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He shuffled off this mortal sanity at the hands of sourgrass...

    Alas, poor Theric. I knew him, Master Fob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sourgrass. Perhaps your insanity was brought on by eating too much, and the backs of your teeth had all the enamel worn off.

    Cheer up! Life goes on. I'm going on 40 years without tooth enamel due to overindulgence of sourgrass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You confuse me.

    Not many people can do that.

    (I like it. Do it again.)

    ReplyDelete