2020-03-07

Reading balance

.

It was recently suggested that I am neglectful of women writers and so I have done a self-audit of the books I have read over the last two years (that is, last year and this year so far) to see if I meet the standards I hold out for radio stations.

m = male / f = female / o = an oversimplification of all possibilities "other" (multiple authors, genderqueer, etc)
academic
f: 1 m: 1 o: 0

memoir/autobio
f:0 | m:2 | o:0

bio(writ)
f:0 | m:1 | o:0

bio(subj)
f:0 | m:1 | o:0

essays
f:0 | m:3 | o:0

othernonfict
f:3 | m:5 | o:0

novel
f:6 | m:16 | o:0

ss
f:2 | m:1 | o:0

poetry
f:8 | m:5 | o:1

comics-fict
f:5 | m:26 | o:0

comics-other
f:6 | m:7 | o:2

play(s)
f:2 | m:5 | o:

screenplay
f:0 | m:2 | o:0
Although it's unfair to say I neglect female writers, it is fair to see a distinct bias in my reading choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment