2010-08-31

"17 Facts About Angels"

.

Hooray for me.

I received an honorable mention from the Irreantum Fiction Contest, and two judges have contacted me saying I made judges cry. (Frankly, I think making Angela Hallstrom cry is a good life goal. So let's add that to my list and then check it off.)

Goldberg!

I like James Goldberg and I think he's an incredible writer. But the rules of engagement require that I now treat him as an enemy.

Karen!

My friend Karen Rosenbaum picked up some prize money as well. I first met her when she edited my story "The Widower" for Dialogue. I've since moved into her ward which, I suspect, makes our ward the best represented in the Irreantum contest. Berkeley Ward pride! Yay!

Notes

See the full list of winners here.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I want to read the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    And both Darlene Young and I attended that same ward in the late '90s so counting alumni, it's a powerhouse of Mormon Letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. The post title is the title of your story, I take it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    It is indeed. And anyone with my email address is welcome to read the story. Just shoot me a line.

    Thanks for the love!

    And props to the Berkeley Ward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! The title is intriguing. Love to read it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Berkeley Ward! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete