2007-09-07

Thesis schmesis

.

I got so worked up during yesterday's post that I forgot all about what I was allegedly upset about in the first place: that the Chronicle's coverage of this issue was biased beyond belief. How every word choice was slanted, the construction was slanted, the presentation of evidence was slanted; how every detail was constructed to make this look like a partisan issue when it is Very Possible to treat this without such undertones. Yes, it's a shame that the timing of this could have strong partisan consequences, but the concept itself is a sound one; one that, as long as we must have an Electoral College, all states would do well to follow.

3 comments:

  1. yeah, I wish everybody would lose that shortsighted undertone of loyalty to whichever corrupt party they prefer to root for, and just debate this concept on its merits. Well all concepts really. Up with concepts, down with childish scorekeeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The S.F. Chronicle is known as one of the most liberal papers in the country; it's no surprise this coverage is any different.

    The jury's still out for me on this one; I'd have to do more research. But I can definitely see the positive side to getting rid of the electoral college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    [Edit: fixed busted link]

    ReplyDelete