2009-11-09

Do I want to accept this or not?

.

It's a much prettier award than most blog awards:

Premio Dardas Award

Here are the rules:
    1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link [Moriah Jovan].

    2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. [!]

    3) Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award. [Yeah, right.]
What we seem to have here is a serious case of award inflation. If I pass on this award according to these chain-letter rules, soon the world will be peopled with Premio Dardas Award winners.

Moriah showed some of this ambivalence as well, just passing the award on to the first eleven (11) blogs that came to mind.

Now, the criteria for worthiness:
    ....acknowledges the values that every Blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write. Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among Bloggers. It’s a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.
Ah. The award is intended to promote community. Okay. Well that explains why we want everyone to have one. We can be a community of award-winners. Awesome. Because when everyone's an award winner....

Anyway. Why be a spoilsport?

To make the choosing process easier on me, I decided roughly half people I know, half people I don't know, all people who've posted within the last five days. Stopping when I get to nine. Because ten is a big commitment.

In alphabetical order:Those of you offended for being left out, please leave a comment. I'll make a special award just for you.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Oh! Can I have a special-non-offended-don't-have-to-pass-on award? (o:

    I really do hate award inflation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    Award requests are now closed.

    Thank you.

    (chilly's award)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to tell you that Life and Your Blog are not fair. Just because this is the first day I've been able to even attempt catching up on blogs all week... gosh.

    And umm... I'm going to sleep now. When Napoleon Dynamite starts to inhabit my dialogue, I become embarrassed and realize I am Way To Tired to be alive.

    ReplyDelete