2011-05-07

Svithe: On rocking the bow tie

.

Somehow (I think it may be a certain scientist's fault), wearing bow ties has become du jour among my ward's Young Men. Then, last Sunday, at stake priesthood meeting (Holy crap but is this post Mormon-jargon heavy; I apologize.), the stake president spoke of his law school days when his home teachers (there I go again) taught him how to tie a bow tie. In honor of this, he announced he would now wear a bow tie on fast Sunday every month in which he had finished his home teaching the month previous (do you follow?)

Perfect storm.

So now the Young Men are arranging fabric and sewing machines to a) make their own ties and b) actual ties that tie which they will c) learn to tie.

That they may wear them.

Presumably on fast Sunday. Presumably in recognition of having done their home teaching.

This is some pretty sly leadership. Well played. Well played.

previous svithe

1 comment:

  1. I like bow ties a lot more than long ties. They seem a lot less pointless. I'm impressed when I see a guy wearing one because it means he took the time to learn something most guys don't know (how to tie it!).

    ReplyDelete