2014-08-18

Heading back to the old alma mater

.

I need 13.4 upperclass or postgrad credits to get to the highest paygrade with my district. The pay difference will pay for itself in about half a school year (based on BYU Independent Study costs) so it would be foolish not to plow through. Here are the classes I'm considering, ranked in two categories (an * notes classes I have [or may have] taken before and thus might not be eligible to take---excepting, of course, R[etakable] classes):

My Personal Edification / My Students' Edification

Persuasive Writing*
ENGL 312
••••••••••

Writing about Literature*
ENGL 314
•••••••••

Writing Poetry
ENGL 319R
••••••••••

Writing for Children and Adolescents*
ENGL 320R
••••••••••

The Bible As Literature*
ENGL 350
••••••••••

American Literature 1865–1914*
ENGL 362
••••••••••

American Literature 1914 - 1960
ENGL 363
••••••••••

Studies in Poetry
ENGL 366
••••••••••

British Literature 1789 - 1832: The Romantic Period*
ENGL 374
••••••••••

British Literature 1603-1660: The Late Renaissance*
ENGL 385
••••••••••

Modern American Usage*
ELANG 322
••••••••••

The Grammar of English*
ELANG 325
•••••••••

Writings of Isaiah
REL A 304
••••••••••

The Pearl of Great Price*
REL A 327
••••••••••

I have decided, selfishly I suppose, to take the poetry-writing class first, and use that as a gauge for future decision-making. Thoughts and advice welcome.

4 comments:

  1. I took Isaiah and (I believe) the later American Lit class. I preferred the former, which was unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kyle has taken a bunch of these, if you want his input.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    I'll bet he has. Point him my way, will you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    To Jen: Taking Isaiah was always my first choice each semester of BYU but there was always another class I "had" to take that got in the way.

    ReplyDelete