2008-12-11

Bad photo, talented politician

Kevin McCarthy and his mad skillz.

Every once in a while it occurs to me that I've never published my prediction about this fellow and that if I never do, I'll never be able to prove that I've suspected this since 2005 and been sure of it since 2007 and everyone will just yawn and say yeah yeah whatever.

So here we go: Some day Kevin McCarthy will run for president.

I'm not going to go into how exactly I know this beyond the simple facts that he is a talented politician (for better or for worse) and wildly charismatic. If you want to know more, ask Wikipedia.

I see a two things that could stop him, and here they are:

    1. Some huge ugly scandal
    2. He's on the ticket as VP and the whole thing goes terribly awry.


Otherwise, expect to see him out canvassing Iowa and New Hampshire four or eight or twelve or sixteen years from now.

You heard it here first.

3 comments:

  1. .

    I forgot to mention his vaulting ambition. That's pretty danged important as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll remember your claim when I see Congressman McCarthy working toward a bid for the presidency.

    On a side note: Why is it when people mention the Ways and Means committee they almost always refer to the committee as the Powerful Ways and Means committee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. .

    Perhaps the "Ways and Powerful Means Committee" sounds too frightening?

    ReplyDelete