2006-01-27

Unexpected change

.

I have never found it easy to get out of bed in the morning. Each time the snooze goes off, I wake a little more until I am finally rational enough to sit up and stumble to the shower.

When I got married, the difficulty of waking intensified. The idea of leaving Lady Steed alone in bed, sleeping in her beautiful, peaceful way, was heartbreaking. And if she happened to throw a leg over me between hits on the snooze, forget about it.

The last two mornings Lady Steed has been out of town, but instead of finding it easier to leave bed, it has been even harder. I think I know why.

I don't enjoy holding down a job. This whole sweat-of-the-face thing is horribly overrated in my opinion. The only reason I would do something so hateful as leaving sleep for work is for the benefit of my beloved. And now, without her physical presence reminding me why I do this, how can I be expected to rise?

And yet here I am, at Bedrock High.

It's all for you, baby.

3 comments:

  1. +50 points in my book for this post. Heh, especially going to the trouble to link the verse and then paraphrasing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to the trouble to link the verse and then paraphrasing it.

    I caught that too and frankly, I laughed out loud ;)

    ReplyDelete